The Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF) and the conference committee have announced the dates and venue for Exploration Revived 2019 – the 8th NPF Biennial Petroleum Geology Conference.
Invited speakers from the industry and academia will cover different aspects of breaking new ground in Exploration, involving new or revived plays, new ways of integrating data, new technology and strategies.
The conference will start with an Icebreaker Monday, 11 March, followed by two full days of presentations on 12-13 March.
Exploration Revived Award
The Exploration Revived Award 2019 will be announced during the conference dinner, Tuesday 12 March. The intention behind this award is to stimulate the exploration on the Norwegian shelf and it is awarded biennially during the NPF Exploration Revived Conference.
The award – a lithographic print and a certificate/diploma – is presented to groups or companies who, over the preceding two years, have contributed to moving Exploration of the shelf forward by:
- Testing new play concepts and/or exploration models.
- Testing high risk/high potential targets.
- Contributing to geological breakthroughs.
- Exploring for upside potential in more mature areas with established play-types, supporting extended lifetime of producing field.
- Reducing exploration risk by developing and/or applying new techniques and technologies.
- Any other combination of ideas, technology and risk-taking resulting in revived exploration.
The award is based on nominations from the exploration community in Norway and is decided by a committee appointed by the Exploration Revived conference organising committee.
The deadline for Exploration Revived Award 2019 nominations of candidates is 1 February 2019, and you can nominations. including the reason why the candidate should be awarded, to Tonje Raknes, Project manager – Tonje.Raknes@npf.no,
Date: 11-13 March 2019
Venue: Clarion Hotel Air, Sola (Stavanger), Norway