The Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF) and the conference committee invite you to the 8th NPF Biennial Petroleum Geology Conference, which will take place at Sola (Stavanger Airport) 11-13 March 2019.
Invited speakers from the industry and academia will cover different aspects of breaking new ground in exploration, involving new or revived plays, new ways of integrating data, new technology and strategies.
The Exploration Revived Award 2019 will be announced during the conference dinner, Tuesday 12th March. The intention behind this award is to stimulate the exploration on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and it is awarded biennially at the NPF Exploration Revived Conference.
Based on nominations from the exploration community in Norway, the award will be given to groups or companies who, over the preceding two years, have contributed to moving exploration on the shelf forward by:
- Testing new play concepts and/or exploration models.
- Testing high risk/ high potential targets.
- Contributing to geological breakthroughs.
- Exploring for upside potential in more mature areas with established play-types, supporting extended lifetime of producing field.
- Reducing exploration risk by developing and/or applying new techniques and technologies.
- Any other combination of ideas, technology and risk-taking resulting in revived exploration.
11-13 March 2019
Clarion Hotel Air, Sola (Stavanger Airport), Norway
Norwegian Petroleum Society
Tonje Raknes, Project Manager, Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF)