Widely regarded as the Achilles Heel of any pipeline, weak flange seals are one of main contributors to industrial accidents, leading to environmental contamination, lost investments, and increased operating expenditures within the oil and gas industry. Driven by innovative thinking, Pipeotech’s “out-of-the-box” approach towards sealing solutions has led to the introduction of the industry’s first, type approved, leak-proof flange seal. Through quick adoption by our client base, the DeltaV-Seal has begun successfully transforming this weakness into a massive strength for all pipeline operations.
Together with a 21st century approach and the strongest metal materials, the DeltaV-Seal delivers leak-proof sealing strengths exceeding “gas-tight” parameters by over 10,000 times. The DeltaV-Seal has proven effective even against certain types of damage in a flange’s surface. Its patented elevation rings and V impressions enable it to contour to different types of irregularities on a flange’s surface, retaining maximum sealing pressure. This effectively stops leaks including pre-existing leaks and is accomplished without further compromising the integrity of the flange.
This intelligent, metal-to-metal seating technology produces stable sealing strengths of 10-08 mbar l/s (equivalent to “DVS Tight”). In operating conditions, flanges and seals are exposed to various temperature fluctuations, forcing the metal to expand or contract. Current ductile seals are produced out of different materials than flanges, making them unable to match the precise rate of contraction or expansion that a flange can experience. This reduces sealing strengths and significantly increases the risk of leaks. Pipeotech’s solution to this challenge was to produce the DeltaV-Seal from the same metal material as the connecting flange, ensuring that the seal and flange expand or contract equally and in unison. This enables the seal to maintain full seating strength while eliminating all threats of leaks.
Since it began testing the DeltaV-Seal in 2015, Intergas AS (a constructor of LNG facilities in Scandinavia) has begun using the DeltaV-Seal exclusively in the construction of all LNG facilities. Having designed, engineered, and built several LNG facilities for clients such as: Gasnor and Chart Ferox AS, the company is proud to report that all facilities built since 2015 have remained completely leak free.
The era of re-torquing bolts, leaky flanges, flange cleanings, lost product and environmental contamination is ending, as the DeltaV-Seal is raising the bar and setting new operational standards for sealing technology. The oil and gas industry no longer has to entrust its investments, operations, and safety to outdated, ductile flange seals. The DeltaV-Seal offers the ability to be readily installed in any industry or production scenario. Careful analysis of competitor’s key flaws, has led to the DeltaV-Seal’s revolutionary design, enabling it to easily outperform all competitors by offering significant advantages, including (but not limited to):
- Fugitive Emission/Gas-Tight: TA Luft Helium test for low emission proved sealing strengths exceeded 10,000 times tighter than “gas-tight” levels, in-turn dramatically reducing fugitive emissions from the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Fire and Blow Out Safe: Exposed to test fires with burning times of 30 minutes, temperatures in excess of 650° C and 40 bar allowed a maximum sweating of 1.00 ml/inch minute, resulted in the DeltaV-Seal releasing only 1% of permitted volume (0.01 ml/inch minute).
- Pre-Torqued Seating Strength: DeltaV-Seal adequately seals connections at (17 Nm) equal to 35% of required Statoil torque for sheet gaskets. Additional EN 13555 leakage testing proved that after seating, the DeltaV-Seal showed a significantly lower level of leakage over competing ductile gaskets.
- Significantly Reduced Maintenance Costs: Due to its ability to effectively expand and contract with flanges, the DeltaV-Seal will never require any re-torquing of bolts or fasteners for the entire duration of its operational life span. The non-ductile, metal-to-metal design never degrades or changes properties and is galvanic corrosion resistant. This stops flange residue from building and eliminates maintenance costs associated with competing ductile seals.
- Smart Seating Technology: Patented elevation rings and V impressions on the seal adapt to the shape of the flange, effectively contouring to any irregularities. This effectively stops all leaks including pre-existing leaks by creating seals stronger than “gas tight” without further compromising the flange.
- Advanced CNC Machining Production Techniques: Ensures DeltaV-Seals are produced with the highest consistency in quality, engineering tolerances, and pinnacle precision.
“This is a revolutionary product that will change how industry views the idea of acceptable leakage. Bringing such an innovation to the market is a dream,” says Henrik Sollie, CEO, Pipeotech.