The Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF) is once again organising the two-day Petroleum Systems Conference (PSC). The PSC is a biennial event, and will this year be organised in Oslo, 24-25 November.
The PSC aims to improve understanding and collaboration between petroleum system experts and exploration geoscientists and the NPF is currently looking for abstracts to include in the conference program.
The focus of this year’s PSC will be on novel approaches, methods and case studies for source rock understanding and overlooked source rocks.
This year’s PSC will also present a variety of multidisciplinary petroleum system case studies and examples including integration of geochemical, geological and geophysical workflows. The broad span of topics to be presented will include:
Improved Source rock understanding:
- Learning from unconventionals.
- Petroleum systems analysis case studies for play and prospect evaluations.
- Challenges of phase prediction.
- Combined studies of structural geology and petroleum systems evaluation.
- Effects of secondary processes on oil composition.
- Data integration, digitalisation and advanced analytics.
- Exploration surprises.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is August 15th, 2020.
24-25 November 2020
Lysaker, Oslo, Norway
Tonje Raknes, NPF Project Manager