Rovco, one of the offshore energy industry’s foremost providers of ROV, hydrographic and artificial intelligence-based technology services, has announced a number of key executive team hires and internal appointments. The news marks the continued expansion of the company during a period of sustained growth, as the number of employees reaches nearly 50.
Brian Allen, CEO at Rovco comments, “The announcements today are a further milestone in Rovco’s development as we become the premier provider of artificial intelligence-based technology and robotic services. We now have a strong executive team with the experience and capabilities to fulfil our vision. We are looking to hire additional top-class sales and project talent as our exponential growth continues and we prepare to take advantage of opportunities through these current market difficulties.”
The new appointments, who will be based in Bristol and Edinburgh, are:
- Reena Rowan who has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer at Rovco, having previously held senior finance positions within Innogy and a number of PE-backed organisations across the offshore wind, oil, gas and telecommunications sectors. In her roles, budgets ranged from GBP 25 million to over GBP 800 million and Reena also supported high profile renewables projects, such as the Galloper wind farm.
- Martin Young who has been promoted internally to the role of Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In his new role, Martin will determine the strategic direction for Rovco’s technologies. Previously Martin was Technical Director at Rovco with a background in software development.
- Iain Wallace is now Rovco’s Chief Scientific Officer (CSO), having previously worked as CTO, Iain leads the development of 3D vision and AI to improve quality and reduce cost in subsea inspection. With a PhD in AI, and research in industry, his expertise ranges from multi-robot exploration to vision systems for Mars rovers. As well as delivering complex AI in the harshest environments on Earth.
- Ian Bryan joins as Consultant Chief Operating Officer (COO), bringing 35 years’ experience in defence, robotic manufacturing and the renewable sectors to the role, including as Managing Director, Group Business Operations at Global Marine Group.
- Finally, Simon Miller joins the team as General Manager of Rovco Scotland. Simon brings over 25 years’ experience in Operations, Senior Projects, Sales and Business Development from Rolls Royce Commercial Marine and Oceaneering International Inc.
Rovco is leading the way in services to the offshore energy industry using Artificial Intelligence and 3D Computer Vision technologies deployed on robotic marine platforms. Formed in 2015, Rovco is changing the way offshore work is performed through pushing the boundaries of technology and investing heavily in further research and development. The company has the resources and expertise to work across the globe, using cutting edge technology to drive time and cost-saving project efficiencies.