On Tuesday, May 12th, DNV GL is participating in a webinar on deploying cost-effective battery energy storage systems into the Indian grid – part of USAID’s Greening the Grid webinar series for its Renewable Integration and Sustainable Energy (GTG-RISE) initiative.
A key pilot under the GTG-RISE initiative is on grid connected BESS with Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL). The pilot will evaluate the techno-economic value of BESS for providing several applications and grid support services at the transmission level. The overall objective of the pilot is to provide recommendations on regulation, policy and market framework for grid connected BESS including the value of storage system, locations and quantum of deployment, and its cost effectiveness.
The intent of this webinar is to enhance knowledge on BESS and its value in supporting ancillary services for managing grids with high levels of variable renewables. Join this webinar for answers to the following questions and more:
- How to design storage projects cost-effectively?
- What are the best markets and applications for return on investment?
- How does one drive storage operations to balance revenue and state-of health?
- What are the latest standards for storage system safety?
- What are optimal strategies for negotiating battery system contracts?
Tuesday, May 12th
7:00-8:30 PM (IST) / 9:30-11:00 AM (EDT)