The theme for ONS 2020 is “Together”, and the event’s opening video will address the dilemmas and solutions our industry is facing.
Climate change is on top of the agenda, and ensuring access to clean, affordable and reliable energy for the world’s population is a great challenge of mankind. How can we produce the cleanest kinds for energy, and phase out the worst? And how do we make a positive impact for individuals, communities and the environment?
We see an increasing geopolitical pressure on energy markets, greater uncertainty and higher volatility is now the name of the game. How can we act in unison to stabilise the situation?
It is crucial that the industry continuously evolves and addresses the challenges: together. We need to act together with civil society, institutions and the business community to foster openness and transparency, and to find innovative and sustainable solutions.
ONS 2020 Goes Digital will have the following line-up for its opening video:
- Manouelle Lepoutre – Chair ONS Conference Committee and SVP Civil Society Engagement Total
- Erna Solberg – Prime Minister of Norway
- Eldar Sætre – President and CEO, Equinor
- Patrick Pouyanné – President and CEO, Total
- Dr Fatih Birol – Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Nick Butler – Visiting Professor, King’s College
- Ramez Nam – Co-Chair for Energy and Environment, Singularity University
- Michael Liebreich – Founder and CEO, Liebreich Assoc.
To see the videos, visit www.ons.no and it will be free and available from 31 August.