The Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF) is once again organising the 2-day Petroleum Systems Conference (PSC). The PSC was originally planned for November, but the event is postponed until 2-3 February 2021 in Oslo.
The PSC aims to improve understanding and collaboration between petroleum system experts and exploration geoscientists, and the event organisers are currently looking for abstracts to include in the conference program.
The focus of PSC will be on novel approaches, methods and case studies for source rock understanding and overlooked source rocks.
The PSC will also present a variety of multidisciplinary petroleum system case studies and examples including integration of geochemical, geological and geophysical workflows. The broad span of topics to be presented includes, but is not limited to:
- Improved Source rock understanding.
- Petroleum systems analysis case studies for play and prospect evaluations.
- Challenges of phase prediction.
- Combined studies of structural geology and petroleum systems evaluation.
- Effects of secondary processes on oil composition.
- Data integration, digitalisation and advanced analytics.
- Exploration surprises.
Abstract deadline is 15 October 2020 – click here for abstract details and template.
Tonje Raknes, Project Manager, Norwegian Petroleum Society
+47 983 06 117