InEight Inc., a global provider of capital project management software, has unveiled the all-new InEight Document featuring a host of new capabilities as well as a ground-up user experience (UX) redesign powered by a simplified user interface (UI).
The new InEight Document UI makes collaboration easier for virtual teams while reducing the learning curve for product training and onboarding. The improvements also provide the ability to launch other InEight solutions from within Document, creating a deeper sense of connectivity and consistency with the rest of the InEight platform.
“We conducted extensive user research and testing to make the new InEight Document easier to use without compromising the best-in-class functionality customers have come to rely on,” says Mark Edwards, chief delivery officer, InEight. “Now, when someone experiences the new InEight Document for the first time, they not only benefit from the same powerful features and field-tested DNA that have helped make us the de facto industry standard in project document management, they also get new capabilities, tighter integration with other InEight solutions and a modern UI that outshines and outperforms anything else in the market.”
Built with connectedness and collaboration in mind, the all-new InEight Document can save individual project team members up to 2 hours per week, including a 50% reduction in time spent searching for documents. Noteworthy features and enhancements include:
- New UI/UX: The new UI is more than a just superficial refresh, providing a more intuitive approach to managing project data while minimising clicks, simplifying navigation and streamlining the overall Document experience.
- Saved Views: Now it is possible to save project, company and personal views of a project dashboard. This new feature allows the convenience of personalised data while avoiding the frustration of having to recreate work.
- Quick Launch: A configurable tool bar with customisable hotlinks for launching favorite modules, actions and reports, making it easier to quickly find and access frequently used information.
- Enhanced Sort and Filter – This feature is now easier to locate and allows more choices on exactly what to search for and how to filter, yielding better search results faster.
- Simplified Navigation – More intuitive navigation makes accessing other InEight solutions easier and streamlines actions, imports, exports, downloads and distributions.
The reimagined InEight Document follows the second anniversary of InEight acquiring Australian software company QA Software and its flagship document management and collaboration solution, Teambinder. Following the acquisition, InEight assimilated Teambinder into the InEight platform, developed additional features and rebranded it as InEight Document.