Drilling permit for North Sea well 16/4-12

Source: press release, 26 October 2020

illustration: NPD
illustration: NPD

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to Lundin Energy Norway AS for well 16/4-12, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 16/4-12 will be drilled from the West Bollsta drilling rig after it concludes the drilling of wildcat well 7219/11-1 for Aker BP ASA in production licence 533 B.

The drilling programme for well 16/4-12 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 981. Lundin Energy Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60%. The other licensee is Aker BP ASA (40%).

The area in this licence consists of the northern part of block 16/4. The well will be drilled about 1 kilometre west of the 16/4-6 S Solveig oil discovery.

Production licence 981 was awarded on 1 March 2019 (APA2018). This is the first exploration well to be drilled in this licence. The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling activity starts.