Drilling permit for well in North Sea production licence 006 C

Source: press release, 5 August 2021

illustration: NPD
illustration: NPD

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted a drilling permit to DNO Norge AS for well 2/5-15, in accordance with Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 2/5-15 will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin rig facility following plugging and abandonment of wellbores on the Oselvar field before shutting down for DNO in production licence 274.

The drilling programme for well 2/5-15 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 006 C. DNO Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 85%. The other licensee is Aker BP ASA (15%). The area in this licence consists of parts of block 2/5. The well will be drilled about 15 kilometres northeast of the Ekofisk field.

Production licence 006 C was awarded on 9 October 2000 (Round 1-A). This is the fourth exploration well to be drilled in this licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.