The Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF) invites the geo-community both in Norway and abroad to its geophysical seminar the 7-9 March 2022. The biennial seminar is a popular networking event where recent achievements, case studies, industry trends and new developments in geophysical techniques are presented.
- Ross Milne, Lead Geophysicist, Aker BP
- Aina Juell Bugge, AI enthusiast and geophysicist, Lundin Energy Norway
- Martin Landrø, professor in applied geophysics, NTNU and Director, Centre for Geophysical Forecasting
- Robert Soubaras, Chief Geophysical Scientist, Lundin Energy Norway
- Catalina Acuna, Exploration Geophysicist, Norske Shell
Submit your abstract
The programme committee is currently looking for abstracts and would like to encourage you to submit your extended abstract for the 2022 conference. Real case studies from Norwegian waters are encouraged, where new technology has been applied such as hi-res seismic acquisition, processing and imaging tools, OBS, machine learning, neural networks, AI and new/innovative ways of interpreting a complex diversity of data. Abstracts with examples of geophysical methods used outside the oil and gas area, such as for CCS, mining, engineering, or monitoring of natural systems are also of interest. Contributions from a diverse mix of oil companies, service companies and universities/institutes are welcome.