INEOS issued drilling permit for well in Norwegian Sea production licence 937

Source: press release, 13 September 2021

illustration: NPD
illustration: NPD

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted INEOS E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 6306/3-1 S, in accordance with Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 6306/3-1 S will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin drilling rig and

relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 937. INEOS E&P Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 85%. The other licensee is Lime Petroleum AS (15%).

The area in this licence consists of parts of blocks 6306/2 and 6306/3. The well will be drilled about 15 kilometres south of 6406/12-4 S (Boomerang) on the Fenja field.

Production licence 937 was awarded on 2 March 2018 (APA 2017). This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.