Policymakers, energy experts, business leaders, academics and scientists from major corporations, energy, finance and utilities will congregate online and at exclusive in-person sessions at Future of Energy Week from October 4th to 7th 2021.
Asia-Pacific is a significant contributor of greenhouse gases whilst fast becoming a hub for clean energy technology. By 2030, energy demand in Asia-Pacific is projected to almost double. Only an energy transition that is fast and widespread will give the world a chance to keep global warming in check and meet a growing energy need.
This virtual event will gather policymakers, energy experts, business leaders, academics and scientists to break down the concept of energy transition. Together, we will discuss the issues that need to be overcome and explore what this change means for the world.
Chaired by The Economist Group’s editors, the event features senior expert speakers including:
- Arifin Tasrif, Minister of energy, Indonesia
- Bill Johnston, Minister for mines and petroleum, energy and corrective services, Government of Western Australia
- Megan Woods, Minister of energy and resources, New Zealand
- Wong Kam-sing, Secretary for the Environment, Hong Kong
- Chun-Li Lee, Deputy director general, Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan
- Sally Capp, Lord mayor of Melbourne, Australia
- Varun Sivaram, Senior director, Clean Energy and Innovation, S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate
- Hans van Steen, Advisor, Renewables, Research, Innovation and Energy Efficiency, Directorate General for Energy, European Commission
- Adair Turner, Chair, Energy Transitions Commission
- Akiko Yamamoto, Regional team leader for Asia and the Pacific for the Nature, Climate, and Energy Team, UNDP
- Amitabh Kant, Chief executive officer, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog)
- Arthur Jiantao Yan, Vice president and chief strategy officer, OilChem China
- Darren Miller, Chief executive, Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- Jie Tang, Practice Manager for Energy Practice for East Asia and Pacific region, World Bank
- Nhien Ngo, Executive director, Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition
- Nuki Agya Utama, Executive director, ASEAN Centre for Energy
- Ray Espinosa, President and chief executive, Meralco Philippines
- Sam Kimmins, Head of RE100, The Climate Group
- Somruedee Chaimongkol, Chief executive and director, Banpu
- Tim Buckley, Director of energy finance studies, Australia/South Asia, The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA)
- Uwe Krueger, Head, Industrials, Business Services, Energy and Resources; Head, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Temasek International
- and many more
View the latest agenda.