Norwegian Petroleum Society (NPF) and the conference committee is in the midst of finalising this year’s Reservoir Characterization Conference program.
The featured theme this year is
Getting the basics right: The impact of reservoir characterization on key business decisions
Basic reservoir characterisation, together with new technologies and recent advantages in digitalisation, are fundamental factors for making good business decisions in exploration and reservoir development. This conference aims to present case studies where multidisciplinary and integrated approaches to reservoir characterization has enhanced our knowledge and created new insight of the subsurface.
The conference will run over 2 days, split into four sessions:
- Sedimentology, diagenesis and reservoir quality
- Structural reservoir characterization
- Integrated reservoir characterization – the key to understanding uncertainty
- Unusual reservoirs
The conference aims to deliver a mix of selected presentations from invited speakers and submitted presentations from the industry and academia. Participants will hear from some of the following speakers:
- Tom Manzocchi, University College Dublin
- Timothy Head, Vår Energi
- Carsten Elfenbein, Aker BP
- Arne Jacobsen, NPD
- Lars Martin Moskvil, Equinor
- Alistair MacDonald, Lundin Energy
- Lars Riber, UiO
Full program will be published shortly!
Tonje Raknes, NPF Project Manager
tel. +47 983 06 118