The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) recently organised Technology Day as part of its goal for the industry to develop and utilise new technology, work in close cooperation and share experiences. The seminar was popular, with relevant presentations and exciting discussions.
Technology is very important for developing the oil and gas industry in Norway. The objective is for technology to be used in all parts of the value chain, which provides sound resource management and the greatest possible value creation.
The seminar held at the NPD’s offices in Stavanger was based on its technology strategy, which identifies three important focus areas moving forward:
- Acquisition of subsurface data.
- Challenging barrels.
- Next-generation production systems.
Torgeir Stordal, the NPD’s Director of Technology, Analysis and Coexistence, shared the following expectations for the companies in his presentation:
- That the companies include technology in their future plans for fields and discoveries.
- That the companies are willing to test newly developed technology.
- That the companies utilise developed technology.
The NPD now plans to organise Technology Day on an annual basis.
See the programme and presentations held at Technology Day (mostly in Norwegian, some presentations in English)