The energy industry’s only awards dedicated to decommissioning excellence are now open for entry.
Celebrating innovation and success across the sector, the winners of the sixth annual Decom North Sea Awards will be announced at a ceremony on 16 May as a part of the organisation’s flagship conference, Decom Week.
This year the Awards, which were established by DNS to celebrate both individual and company performance, will focus upon all forms of innovation, the sector’s community of emerging professionals and sustainable activity in decommissioning. New for 2023, a photography category will recognise the images which tell the decom story and capture some of the recent successes of the sector. The “Decom North Sea Member” category will once again acknowledge outstanding achievement from within the organisation’s UK and international membership.
Sam Long, Decom North Sea CEO comments, “There is a huge amount to celebrate within the decommissioning sector right now, and we know first-hand from our members that 2023 is set to build upon an active 2022. The impressive technicality and scale of what’s been achieved during the past 12 months deserves to be justly acknowledged through the Decom North Sea Awards.”
Discussing this year’s categories, Sam points out: “It’s important to note that the Emerging Professionals category is not age specific. Whilst looking forward to receiving entries from those relatively early in their career, we would also strongly encourage entries focused on individuals who have transitioned into decom from elsewhere, thus reflecting the transferable nature of the energy industry skillset.”
The closing date for entries is 28 February 2023, with full entry details available at The Decom North Sea Awards | Decom.
This year’s categories are:
- Sustainability: companies who have made a significant impact in diving energy efficiencies, the circular economy or decarbonisation in decommissioning, aligned with the Energy Transition.
- Innovation in Decommissioning: innovative solutions to late life/decom projects resulting in material benefits including safety, deployment of risk reduction techniques, or high-impact technical, commercial or contractual outcomes.
- Emerging Professional in Decommissioning: individuals who have recently joined the decommissioning arena and have made notable professional and developmental impact.
- Decom North Sea Photography Award: awarded for the image that best tells the decom story and captures the successes of 2022.
- Decom North Sea Member: registered Decom North Sea member companies’ outstanding achievements during the past 12 months.